[portland] Last Evening's Meeting and Reporting Follow Up

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 10 16:04:22 CEST 2007

   Thank you all for a well-run, useful meeting last evening. I found it very
much worth my time and plan on participating in future meetings.

   During our ReportLab discussions, Brett and Paul suggested that a better
solution to my reporting needs would be to put the appropriate output
strings and numbers in a LaTeX template and run the results through
pdflatex.

   I went searching for a python->latex library using Google. Found one
promising hit on PyTeX. However, that was last updated in 2005, the
sourceforge link was to something different, and there was no indication of
active development. But, there was an email address. So I sent an inquiry to
that address.

   This morning I received a response from eastern England that pointed me to
www.mathtran.org. That project, however, translates mathematical equations
written using LaTeX macros to html for display on web pages. Not at all what
I need. So, the search continues.

   I'll contact folks I know in the German TUG. And, if any of you know of a
working python-LaTeX library, please pass me a pointer to it.

Rich

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)