[portland] Code Sprint & Project

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:57:50 CEST 2007

Hey folks,

Arlo said he won't be there, so I wanted to let you know that I'll be
stepping up with a project I've got.

For a long time I've seen people do accounting as part of their
software. Double entry accounting is the standard among accountants,
and for good reason, but programmers in general don't think about it
in their projects that want it. This sounds, to me, like the perfect
think for an API to handle.

Recently, I've been working with an Aspect-Oriented Rails plugin that
does this, and I have some ideas for a module to handle it more
explicitly (and provide this service for the python language). It's a
relatively easy project and I'm offering to be customer for it.

In addition, for those who want to work in Ruby or other languages, we
really want to welcome you. I'd recommend bringing a project in your
language, as there are lots of folks who'd like to work on a new
language but don't want to start a project in a language they don't
know. =)

See you tonight (Wed),

Jeff