[portland] Python-2.5.1 and SQLite3

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 12 18:48:45 CET 2007

   I'm stymied. Pysqlite support for SQLite3 is supposed to be built in to
Python-2.5, and this does seem to be the case. But, when I try to run my
application Python complains that it cannot find _sqlite3.so so the import
(from sqlite3 import *) in the hierarchy fails.

   This library is supposed to be in /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/, but
it's not. I see nothing on the Python web site about SQLite support, I've
upgraded to pysqlite-2.3.5 (python2.5 apparently comes with -2.1.3), there
are no specific option switches in the python2.5 ./configure file, and I
have no responses to my request for help in the Slackware-12 forum.

   What's a person to do? I cannot find the source for this library so I can
build and install it.

Help greatly appreciated,

Rich