[portland] PPUG speaker proposal

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 04:48:48 CET 2007

Here's a follow-up Xref re DemocracyLab (today's meeting notes):
http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/dev/Week-of-Mon-20071203/000005.html

These meetings count as pro bono.  The partnership is negotiating a
new Python gig maybe with a wx angle for pay, though not a lot.  Plus
I've got some Saturday Academy gigs lined up (no word back from
Pycon yet -- over 140 talks in the hopper, extending their decision-
making).

Seems like a lot of enterprises are thinking to get off the VB tread mill,
but that's not a new story -- some moved to Java, plus .NET remains
attractive, so leaving VB doesn't necessarily mean leaving MSFT
(e.g. there's Python .NET aka IronPython).  Doesn't necessarily mean
joining MSFT either though (e.g. there's Mono from Novell
http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page ).

Kirby
4D