[Pandas-dev] ANN: pandas 2.0.0 RC1

Marc Garcia garcia.marc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 08:43:12 EDT 2023

We are happy to announce the *second release candidate* of pandas 2.0.0.

It can be installed from our conda-forge and PyPI packages via mamba, conda
and pip, for example:

mamba install -c conda-forge/label/pandas_rc pandas==2.0.0rc1
python -m pip install --upgrade --pre pandas==2.0.0rc1

Users who have pandas code in production and maintainers of libraries with
pandas as a dependency are *strongly* recommended to run their test suites
with the release candidate, and report any problem to our issue tracker
<https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas/issues/new/choose> before the
official 2.0.0 release.

You can find the documentation of pandas 2.0.0 here
<https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/version/2.0/index.html>, and the
list of changes in 2.0.0, in the release notes page
<https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/version/2.0/whatsnew/v2.0.0.html>.

We expect to release the final version of pandas 2.0.0 in around two weeks,
but the final date will depend on the issues reported to the release
candidate.