[Pandas-dev] A case for a simplified (non-consolidating) BlockManager with 1D blocks

Brock Mendel jbrockmendel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:34:52 EDT 2020

> We actually *have* prototypes: the prototype of the split-policy discussed

AFAICT that is a 5 year old branch.  Is there a version of this based off
of master that you can show asv results for?

> Also, if performance is in the end the decisive criterion, I repeat my
earlier remark in this thread: we need to be clearer about what we want /
expect.

In principle, this is pretty much exactly what the asvs are supposed to
represent.

----
You have demonstrated that you are willing to repeat yourself more than I
am, to the point that I find pandas interactions more frustrating than
fulfilling.  I'm going to step away for a little while.