[Pandas-dev] New website infrastructure

Marc Garcia garcia.marc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:59:51 EDT 2019

Just a quick update on the infrastructure for the pandas hosting. We
(Sylvain and myself) just had a call with the people from OVH, to discuss
what was said here.

A quick summary:
- We shared more in detail what we need with them, and the credit we
discussed (having them in the sponsors page, and in the corner of the
Binder executable widgets)
- They seem happy about it, but need to discuss internally, they expect to
have a final answer in couple of weeks
- It may make more sense to reuse the current Binder infrastructure (if the
Binder team agrees, of course)
- They'll have to set a limit on the number resources we can use, and if we
ever exceed them, we'll discuss again the conditions (more like a
formalism, I don't expect the limit to be something to worry about)
- They are happy to consider doing the same with the whole ecosystem. But
we'll first start with pandas to not make things more complex, and if they
host multiple projects we'll manage it at the NumFOCUS level, so they don't
need to deal with many projects individually

I think those are the main points, if I missed something, or anything is
not clear, please feel free to add to that Sylvain.

Regarding Discourse, any progress in your side with that Andy?

Cheers!