[Pandas-dev] GH Issue Labels

William Ayd william.ayd at icloud.com
Mon Oct 21 12:16:48 EDT 2019

1) I rarely find these useful. The only difficulty label I’ve found useful is the entirely separate “good first issue”, so I would think we can certainly move low difficulty / effort tags
2) I would be OK with relabeling this as “Coding Style” and moving the unrelated ones to an IO label to disambiguate
3) No objections but maybe not a high priority either. The way we operate now the vast majority of our issues will never be read (maybe a bot would be useful here)
4) Maybe a “Tokenizer” tag for pd.eval? Could cover pd.query as well

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Matthew Roeschke <emailformattr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) Agreed with your conclusion.
> 3) No objections where applicable. For example, I would still keep the "OSX" and "Python 3.6" tags.
> 2 + 4) I was thinking it might be useful to have more specific tags for pandas methods (like we do for "Apply"). Though it would increase the number of tags, it would help us and issue writers triage related/duplicate issues instead of using the less-than-perfect Github filter bar.
>
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 8:52 AM Brock Mendel <jbrockmendel at gmail.com <mailto:jbrockmendel at gmail.com>> wrote:
> After doing some issue triage on older issues, I'd like to solicit community opinions on what labels are useful.  In particular:
>
> 1) Are the "Difficulty Advanced/Intermediate", "Effort High/Low/Medium", "Prio-high/low/medium" labels useful for anyone?  "Prio High" I understand, but the others are mostly noise to me.
> 2) "Style" appears ambiguous.  Some people (me) think it refers to coding style, but it also gets applied to things issues involving the Styler class.  Is there a canonical answer?
> 3) Any objections to removing labels with 0 open Issues/PRs?
> 4) Issues involving pd.eval don't have a clear home.  Suggestions?
>

> --
> Matthew Roeschke <http://mroeschke.github.io/>

William Ayd
william.ayd at icloud.com