[Pandas-dev] Remove old mailing lists

Pietro Battiston me at pietrobattiston.it
Tue Nov 12 14:46:12 EST 2019

Marc,

is the thread you refer to
https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas/issues/27903 ?

Again, I didn't participate in the discussion, I am not contributing
much lately, and so my opinion is not very important. But I had
followed the discussion, I now checked the thread above, and while I
derived the idea that Discourse could (and probably should) replace the
pydata ML as a frontend to users (ideally of pydata, not just pandas),
I fail to see a real discussion, or even just arguments, in favour of
replacing the devs MLs.

Il giorno mar, 12/11/2019 alle 20.21 +0100, Marc Garcia ha scritto:
> [...]
>
> As it has been said, Discourse can be set up to work as a mailing
> list for people who don't want to use the Discourse interface. So, I
> don't think this should be a reason to not move forward, you'll just
> need to subscribe elsewhere, and send messages to a different email
> address.

I just read the FAQ about how to "use Discourse via email"... I guess
we can live with filtering incoming emails by List-ID, but I don't
understand whether there will be multiple emails address to write to,
for the different "subcommunities". Could you shed some light?

Thanks,

Pietro