[Pandas-dev] Backport Policy

Tom Augspurger tom.augspurger88 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 07:59:34 EDT 2019

For our new maintainers (and as a reminder):

We have a backport branch 0.25.x. Before merging a bugfix PR that
should be backported, ensure that it has the 0.25.1 milestone. The
backport bot will take care of opening a PR against 0.25.x with the
necessary
changes.

We'd like to be fairly conservative with backports to 0.25.x. Pretty much
just bug fixes. Performance improvements, new features, etc. should be
merged with the 1.0 milestone.

And FYI, our current version on master is 0.26.0.dev0, rather than
1.0.0.dev0,
in case we need to issue a 0.26 before 1.0. But the plan is still to do 1.0
for the
next major release.

Tom