[Pandas-dev] Remaining API changes / deprecations to do before 1.0 (wishlist)

Joris Van den Bossche jorisvandenbossche at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 04:32:26 EST 2019

Op do 17 jan. 2019 om 16:20 schreef Tom Augspurger <
tom.augspurger88 at gmail.com>:

> My main one is deprecation of SparseSeries and SparseDataFrame, since I
> don't want to carry that around for all of 1.x.
> I didn't quite get there for 0.24, but all the really disruptive changes
> are done now (no method in pandas should return a SparseDataFrame anymore,
> aside from DataFrame.to_sparse()).

Yes, the SparseSeries / SparseDataFrame is also on my list.
Some others:

- I think it would be good to do the planned breaking changes to
IntervalIndex indexing before 1.0.
- The `inplace` deprecation (GH16529
<https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas/issues/16529>) (or at least decide on
it). Although a possible deprecation + removal will have a huge impact and
need some time, so this might rather be something for after 1.0.

Other people's thoughts on the original question?

Joris