[Pandas-dev] Help replacing workflows that used DataFrame.select

Jon Mease jon.mease at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:29:44 EST 2017

Perhaps for versions 0.21.1 and 0.22 a warning could be issued when
.select() is used without an explicit `axis` parameter.

The warning would state that the current default is `axis=0` but that this
will change to `axis=1` in the next major release. If the user wants the
current default behavior then they could suppress the warning and
future-proof their code by passing `axis=0` explicitly.

-Jon