[Pandas-dev] Label and Milestone cleanup

Joris Van den Bossche jorisvandenbossche at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 09:49:13 EST 2017

Already answering for the Milestones:

## Milestones

>> I would like to have 4 real milestones:
>>
>> 1. "Next Major Release" for API breaking changes that we'd like to do
>> eventually
>> 2. "Next Release" For bugfix / non-API breaking changes that we'd like to
>> do eventually
>> 3. "0.22.0" (i.e. the actual next major release) for PRs that should go
>> into a specific release
>> 4. "0.21.1" (i.e. the actual next minor release) for PRs that should go
>> into a specific release
>>
>> The main change is the "Next Release", which I hope will clear up
>> confusion about what file the release notes should go in.

Would the issues in "Next release" be those issues that, if somebody does a
PR, can be included in eg 0.21.1, but are not important to tag them as such?

> I think we can remove "Interesting Issues",
>>

> Jeff: though leave the interesting ones  - these are ones that i tagged -
> will move them after we realign things (then i will remove)

You can make a "Jeff's interesting issues" project, and add them to that. I
think that is a better use (you still can look at the list of issues you
want to specifically tag for attention) and it keeps the Milestones clean
for actual milestones.

> remove "High Level Issue Tracking",

+ 1 since we a "master issue" label as well.

> and move "won't fix" into "No action".  I'm not sure about "1.0" and "2.0"
>> and "Someday", but maybe consolidate those.

I personally find the notion of "won't fix" informative, but we could also
give it a label "won't fix" ? (and then use a single "No action" milestone)

I would keep the 1.0 milestone for now.

I think "Someday" was originally intended to give some difference in
prioritization for the core-devs between "Next major release" and
"Someday"? But I think we don't really do it like that, so for me ok to
remove. I would suppose that 'no milestone' would then be that.

Joris

> someday can g
>
> ok with your tags/milestones otherwise
>
> though leave the interesting ones  - these are ones that i tagged - will
> move them after we realign things (then i will remove)

You can make a "Jeff's interesting issues" project, and add them to that. I
think that is a better use (you still can look at the list of issues) and