[Pandas-dev] pandas 0.18.x and pandas 1.0 roadmap

Wes McKinney wesmckinn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:41:17 EST 2016

Per discussions we've been having here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/151ct8jcZWwh7XStptjbLsda6h2b3C0IuiH_hfZnUA58/edit?ts=568725eb#heading=h.qm48l6dargmd

I started this document to solicit a high level plan for the last 0.x
release and where we can develop a plan for what will become pandas
1.0

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K3uVluD9qNn9nLp6oRjIwP7qillysw820wfulJY3BiU/edit#

Let me know what you think of this idea -- I'll have more bandwidth
this year to be involved and I'm starting to look at what a 2nd ed of
Python for Data Analysis should look like.

Relatedly: I'm assembling enough basic plumbing so that I can give you
all a demo of how the libpandas / C/C++ native core will help us
better hide implementation details and fix problems like
integer/boolean missing data in a clean and extensible way. It will
also help establish a pattern for adding new data types to pandas
(which may or may not rely on NumPy). I'll follow up about it when I
get a bit more stuff working; probably take me a few more days at
least.

thanks!
Wes