[Pandas-dev] Our own GitHub organization?

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:49:58 EDT 2016

Did you have any luck going through GitHub's process for reclaiming an
unused name? You don't necessarily need to contact the account owner for
this.
https://help.github.com/articles/name-squatting-policy/

I'm +1 for switching to a dedicated pandas org. GitHub's redirects do make
this quite smooth.

The main reason I switched xarray to pydata (from the separate xray org) is
because I didn't think I would be successful claiming xarray, which appears
to be in active use.