[Pandas-dev] whatsnew vs release notes

Joris Van den Bossche jorisvandenbossche at gmail.com
Sat May 31 15:10:16 CEST 2014

So to summarize the changes in the workflow:

- in PR's, only add entries in the relevant whatsnew file (no longer also
in release.rst). So we have only one place where all documentation on
changes, enhancements and bug fixes are gathered
- the entry in release.rst will then only updated before the release as the
announcement with a summary of whatsnew (highlights), etc

I adapted the wiki (
https://github.com/pydata/pandas/wiki/Documenting-new-features-and-bug-fixes)
and contributing.md to reflect this.

Allright?