[Pandas-dev] #3089 [PERF: regression from 0.10.1] discussion

Stephen Lin swlin at post.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 20 06:01:35 CET 2013

As per the "we're getting too chatty on GitHub" comment, should we be
moving extended issue discussion about bugs to this list whenever
possible?

I posted a few comments on #3089 just now but realized maybe starting
an e-mail chain would be better..

Anyway, I'm looking into the issue, I suspect it's a corner case due
to an array that's very large in one dimension but small in another,
and possibly that there's compiler and architecture differences
causing different results as well....Jeff, do you mind sending me your
the output of "gcc -dumpmachine" and "gcc -dumpspecs" on the machine
you ran vb_suite on?

I'll set up a 64-bit dev machine going forward so I can test on both platforms.

Thanks,
Stephen