[Overload-sig] Experimenting on real-world groups with potential solutions

Kevin Ollivier kevin-lists at theolliviers.com
Mon Jun 27 03:56:25 EDT 2016

On 6/26/16, 7:11 PM, "Guido van Rossum" <gvanrossum at gmail.com on behalf of guido at python.org> wrote:

>You couldn't have changed the trajectory that way, because the
>discussion was about people's feelings. It only *appeared* to be about
>a code change.

Yes, I was *very* well aware that it was about emotions when making my suggestion. It's the very reason I made the suggestion. I wish people would at least consider that possibility before jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, just felt compelled to make that clear. I hope you'll reconsider your assumption that the idea has no merit, but I won't say any more on the matter unless asked.