[oscon] Helping with the booth

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jun 12 22:43:21 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009, Casey Duncan wrote:

> Just wanted to announce my availability to help man the booth. I will
> be available both Weds and Thurs, pretty much anytime, just let me
> know what you need.

Thanks for joining us!

> On a side-note using a mailing list to gather volunteers seems a
> little heavy-weight to me. I understand the desire to have a
> discussion about this, but I would be concerned that folks that
> otherwise would want to help may not feel compelled to sign up for a
> list for such a short-term thing. Just my 2 cents.

You have a point; OTOH, I think most of those people probably don't want
to sign up for volunteering in advance.  I guess we can create a signup
sheet at OSCON for people who want to drop in for an hour or so.

I'm going to wait another day or two for people to subscribe before
starting the discussion -- the main task coming up is to provide O'Reilly
with the list of people who will get "exhibit staff" passes.  I have four
to hand out, but it's not clear what the pass provides; I already asked
whether it includes lunch, and it does not.