[oscon] [python-advocacy] Organizing Python Representation at OSCON 2007

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jun 27 23:09:08 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007, David Goodger wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>>
>>What's wrong with discussing this on oscon at python.org?  Or should I
>>just shut down that list?
>
> Perhaps.  It hasn't been used in 2 years, and even then it wasn't used
> much.  "OSCON" threads on python-list and python-dev would suffice.

Maybe, but many people don't want to read those high-traffic lists, even
filtered; that's why I created the list in the first place.  OSCON
interest crosses the boundaries of several lists (also including the
advocacy, psf-members, and pycon lists), and I think that people really
don't want to deal with cross-posted traffic.

The advocacy list is probably as good a place as any for the traffic, it
didn't exist when I created the oscon list.  Unless Jeff says he wants to
move to the oscon list, I guess I'll kill it.