[omaha] Pythons' Carpool Lincoln->Omaha 5/24/18?

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 23:49:20 EDT 2018

EDGAR, pandas-datareader, interpretation of financial reports, quantopian
tools such as zipline

I won't be driving from Lincoln to Omaha, but have a few relevant links to
share here that you've probably already reviewed.

EDGAR discontinuing FTP support
https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/issues/269

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDGAR
- https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/accessing-edgar-data.htm
- https://www.sec.gov/oiea/Article/edgarguide.html
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_10-K (annual)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_10-Q (quarterly)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBRL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Graham#Bibliography

"Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements: The Search
for the Company with a Durable Competitive Advantage"
https://g.co/kgs/65XRnv

https://www.quantopian.com/help/fundamentals
- some of these stats are from EDGAR
- some of these stats are from Morningstar
- it'd be great to also have data about environmental sustainability (e.g.
from mandatory reports) just like the GRI reports

https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/7zxptg/pulling_stock_market_data_yahoo_and_google_dont/#dus01vk

> quantopian/zipline pulls data from Quandl with a data ingest step; with
the US Treasury 10 year bond yield and/or SPY (from IEX) as a benchmark.
https://www.quantopian.com/posts/community-algorithms-migrated-to-quantopian-2

- https://github.com/quantopian/pyfolio
- https://github.com/quantopian/alphalens