[omaha] Head Hunters ...

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Sep 8 04:12:20 CEST 2015

Adam: Bylaws - nope.  I believe us to be a meritocracy and encourage it at
all times. Those who step up and do, lead. There are no official positions
or office holders. Meetings and talks are based on group vote. Where we
meet is at the mercy and benevolence of members who arrange for or offer up
a space. Using this approach, we have not had an incident to my knowledge.
You have been to the meetings and on the list, I've not seen even a list
posting of questionable content.  Even on technical topics, I've not heard
anyone say something disparaging.  Being exclusionary, dismissive or
patronizing is not in the best interest of growing our community.

However, if there is a consensus of active members to create such a thing
this would be the forum to get the ball rolling.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Adam Shaver via Omaha <omaha at python.org>
wrote:

> I agree. It's a good rule as it stands. On a related note, do we have a
> list of bylaws anywhere?
>
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Tim Alexander via Omaha <omaha at python.org
> >
> wrote:
>
> > I like the rule, if nothing else it adds a level of scrutiny to job
> > postings to make sure the list doesn't fill with spam.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 10:08 AM Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T via Omaha <
> > omaha at python.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Currently we have an unwritten rule that we don't let recruiters post
> job
> > > announcements to the list.  Does the group have any desire to change or
> > > refine this unwritten rule?
> > >
> > > In the past, if a recruiter hit up a member and the job was really a
> > Python
> > > job and local'ish the member could, on their discretion, post the
> > details.
> > > Good manners would suggest a subject of "[ANN] Job Posting".
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > Jeff Hinrichs
> > > 402.218.1473