[omaha] Fwd: Python meeting for this month

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Wed Aug 5 17:43:23 CEST 2015

This month's topic is "Show me your Python workflow."

I'm planning on covering a wide breadth of topics (not going deep into any
one of them) and using an open source project to show a real implementation.
My goal is to pick a bug/feature request and work it from start to finish
as part of the presentation.

Environment
Version Control
Testing
Continuous Integration
Documentation
Release Management/ versioning
Releasing to PyPI

I imagine that this will generate a lively discussion as each of the bullet
points has multiple options along with trade offs, etc.  It is also why we
can't go very deep into any one of the areas, as each could generate a full
presentation on its own merit.  I will have to keep moving at brisk pace to
cover all 7 main topics in 60 minutes.

Best,
Jeff

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Keith Nickum via Omaha <omaha at python.org>
wrote:

> I'm planning a Django presentation for September, originally was going to
> do August. I was worried about being prepared before the Aug meeting, so
> someone else stepped up to do a topic then.
>
> Regarding the Django presentation, if anyone has any specific topics they'd
> like to discuss, I'm open to hearing about them. We can talk more at the
> August meeting.
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Steve Young via Omaha <omaha at python.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Hubert,
> >
> > We are planning on Covisco, and I will have to get back to you on the
> > details of the topic when I can check my notes, or hopefully the
> presenter
> > will join in the conversation.
> >
> > If we can get the details I can update the website.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Hubert Hickman <hubert.hickman at gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I've seen no chatter on the list about this month's meeting - was
> there a
> > > topic decided on?  IIRC, it is supposed to be at Covisco, so I'd like
> > > get a topic published to tech Omaha if possible.
> > >
> > > (I sent out an email to the list this morning - it landed in the list
> > > archives, but I haven't heard a peep back).
> > >
> > > Hubert

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473