[omaha] Languages, fonts, scripts?

Steve Young wereapwhatwesow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:13:40 CEST 2014

Question about fonts:

Still working on a flashcard site with Django 1.7 and python 3.3.  So far
the website has handled all the text in latin, cyrillic, arabic, hindi,
without a hitch.  I copy the text and paste it into the django admin for
that field and it just works.

I thought this magic was working because of unicode fonts, but while
working with reportlab and creating pdfs the magic goes away and I have to
choose fonts that contain the correct characters for the languages.

Has anyone worked with languages and can point me in the right direction to
learn about this?

Thanks.