[omaha] PDF creation

Mike Hostetler mike at squarepegsystems.com
Tue Oct 7 20:20:09 CEST 2014

Kinda what Jeff said -- I've had good luck with reportlab's Platypus:
http://www.reportlab.com/software/documentation/faq/#2.3

I've started a Platypus document and manually put in the data via Django
models. Platypus supports page breaks, etc.

To embed fonts, see:
http://www.reportlab.com/software/documentation/faq/#2.6.2

Not sure how to marry those two together but I'd be surprised if you
couldn't.

Not sure if you can combine embedding fonts and Platypus

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Steve Young <wereapwhatwesow at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with creating PDF's?
>
> I want to 'export' text and images from models in Django to create
> multi-page PDF's.  The formatting is not complex, but I do need the output
> to be PDF/X-1a:2001
>
> I am using Python 3.3 and Django 1.7.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve