[omaha] Coding across america

Burch Kealey bkealey at unomaha.edu
Sun Mar 17 14:17:47 CET 2013

Hi Guys

Sorry about this.  After reading Chris's original email I was interested in what Matthew Makai was doing so I wrote him.  I wanted to invite him to dinner and I mentioned your interest and he responded early this morning.  Our exchange is copied below.  Presumably one of the elder statesmen of the group should take over the correspondence.

I am not meaning to avoid the meetings its just that with me teaching and working late as much as I do I never make it though I do follow along on the messages.

Cheers

Burch,

Thank you for reaching out to me! It sounds like you have a heck of a lot on your plate as both a professor and running your software company.

It would be great to speak at Omaha Python if you guys are interested. I will be speaking at Memphis Python on March 25 on Github Workflows and at Boston Django in July (topic TBD). What topics are generally of interest to you there? I always prefer to know the audience and talk about something that is specifically relevant in the local community, either Python-specific or otherwise.

Matt