[omaha] an article I just came across in one of my subscriptions

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Thu Jan 31 05:49:44 CET 2013

interesting blog + I had not heard about Pig before.

Ready your article on Cython and was wondering if you had heard or tried
Shed Skin https://code.google.com/p/shedskin/
Not a Cython replacement more of a mid-level between
Python / ShedSkin / Rpython / Cython   as I understand it.  Shed Skin has a
restricted python grammar but no need for hinting.  So it makes a pretty
solid optimizing tool that is light weight and works well if it fits the
bill, imho.   The restricted grammar is pretty easy to Grok too, can't use
things that are constantly changing types.  There is more to it, but the
cognitive load for using it is pretty low and the tool chain is simple
Shed Skin, make and a g++

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473