[omaha] Django question

Mike Hostetler mike at hostetlerhome.com
Thu Jun 7 23:30:26 CEST 2012

You don't have a choice -- you have to use Django models to access the
database.  There may be a way around it (use Django for views and Anki db
for database access) but then you are using heavy-weight Django with a
by-pass. So you may have to deal with Django's problems and not reap any
of it's benefits.

Maybe try web.py or Flask. They are supposed to be lighter-weight. They
could handle the web portion and you could roll our own (or use Anki's) db
backend.