[omaha] best python web framwork

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jul 14 18:35:47 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Jay Hannah <jay.hannah at iinteractive.com>wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 8:23 PM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > django isn't really a content management system and mod_python isn't a
> > framework at all. mod_python embeds Python in the web server and is
> > generally a bad idea currently. Instead use mod_wsgi (pronounced "mod
> > whiskey") if you have the option. (or fastcgi if you like to fiddle)
>
> Have you done much with WSGI? Nick and I were looking for a Python guy for
> our meeting we just had on Tuesday. He presented Ruby's Rack and I presented
> Perl's Plack.   :)

I've deployed numerous apps with it but I've not stretched it's limits. I
know it has some cool features.

I will say that an app I'm deploying new was having some poor performance so
asked an Apache hacker friend for some times. We removed a lot of
unnecessary apache modules and switched to the worker mpm and boosted the
performance on my baby VPS from about 35 req/sec to 59 req/sec.

After I was done these are the only mods I have enabled on my Ubuntu 10.04
server:

alias
authn_file
authz_host
cgid
deflate
env
mime
reqtimeout
rewrite
setenvif
ssl
wsgi

He told me that if I'm not using SSL that the event mpm is even faster than
the worker mpm. I didn't try it out because I do need SSL.

--
Matthew Nuzum