[omaha] Multiple Pythons on Windows

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Wed Sep 22 18:53:01 CEST 2010

I like the idea

"I'm using 2.5, 2.6, and 3.0 from the shell with one line batch scripts of
the form:

@c:\programs\pythonX.Y\python.exe %*

Name them pythonX.Y.bat and put them somewhere in your PATH. Copy the file
for the preferred minor version (i.e. the latest) to pythonX.bat. (E.g. copy
python2.6.bat python2.bat.) Then you can use python2 file.py from anywhere."

from:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/341184/can-i-install-python-3-x-and-2-x-on-the-same-computer

You could leave python2x as your default on windows, then create a
python3.bat file (see above) and tell it to use the other version.  Then 95%
of the time you wouldn't do anything different but while contemplating
koans, you could just
python3 contemplate_koans.py

.02
Jeff