[omaha] list

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Thu Feb 4 16:53:04 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:53 AM, DYNATRON tech <dynatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> would it be worth showing up for a novice python user?
>
> Sure -- there is a variety of interests and skill levels.  Some use it at
work, some don't.  We do our best to keep the topics and discussions
relevant by rotating among the interests and skill levels.  I tend to do CLI
and web based work, others do traditional apps with a gui, etc.

> there is an open-source python project for XBMC that i do work for, but my
> usefulness is very limited at the time.
> i can read it and understand the code, but i've only written python on a
> line by line basis at the CLI and modified this specific project code. i've
> also read a tutorial series on it. i'd be interested to expand my knowledge
> on a more human level, but i shy away from crowds and public speaking. if
> it's a small group i'd be more inclined to show. a good beer or two would
> maybe be a plus as well =j
>
> Our meetings tend to be on the small side, so the presentations are more
like discussions with someone taking the lead in presenting or asking a
question.  Some of our best meetings spring forth from questions.

Hope to see you there

-Jeff