[omaha] Web hosting companies?

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 21:29:17 CET 2009

home hosting is okay if you don't expect a constant stream of users.
i did this until at some point my server was always getting requests at all
hours and my bandwidth was constantly saturated. even if you have downstream
open, once your upstream is full, you're F'ed.  i went with a local company
until i got burnt by some shenanigans, then i switched to
fatcow<http://www.fatcow.com/>
.

excellent support, comes with a free domain, and supports multiple scripting
languages well (including python). ~6 bucks a month with a year
subscription. i host 5 sites with them all for 1 price because you can point
domains at subdirectories.

luke...cool sht. didn't know you had that going on. good stuff. i would also
recommend this if you know how to configure a server.