[omaha] Looking for Python Instructor for GIS Symposium in April 2008

Eric.Foster at modot.mo.gov Eric.Foster at modot.mo.gov
Tue Oct 30 16:51:43 CET 2007

I am involved with MAGIC  http://www.magicgis.org/   an organization to
encourage GIS development, sharing, cooperation, etc. and educate
practitioners in GIS.  We hold a symposium every two years in April (next
is April 2008) and provide speakers and workshops in relevant GIS
subjects. ESRI's ArcGIS software holds the market majority and has
embraced Python language as a preferred scripting, customization language.
   One area we have trouble with for our symposium is getting instructors
for Python workshops.   The symposium is in Kansas City on April 20-24,
2008 and the Python course would be held for 4 hours on Sunday April 20th
and would be a hands-on computer based course with a class of about 20-30
beginner programmers.  We desire application to ArcGIS, but also just need
basic Python skills instruction. The instructors and speakers as well as
the planning committee are volunteers to keep the cost down to symposium
attendees.    Do you have anyone that might fit as an instructor for an
Introduction to Python language course in the Midwest?  We would like to
get a commitment of an instructor with a one-to-two paragraph outline or
summary to print in our preliminary program by this Friday (November 2,
2007)  Sorry for the short notice, we thought we had someone lined up
already, but do not.
Please call or email me to discuss further.

Eric Foster, Senior Transportation Planner
MoDOT, 600 NE Colbern Rd. Lee's Summit, MO 64086
(816) 622-6330