[omaha] Call for Topics: June Meeting

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Fri Jun 8 01:57:37 CEST 2007

On 6/7/07, Eli Criffield <elicriffield at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am ready with talks on nosetest and the subprocess module.  I could
> > also talk about mod_python and vampire::publisher.
>
> Im intrested in subprocess and mod_python.
> Whats vampire::publisher and nosetest? (and why the perl like ::)
vampire, http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/ , is an extension
module for mod_python. It has some nice dispatch capabilities, an
imho, is better than the stock mod_python::publisher.   The double
colons are from the apache config line for setting up handlers in
mod_python.  i.e. vampire was written by one of the key mod_python
developers.

  # Pass all requests through Vampire publisher.

  SetHandler python-program

  PythonHandler vampire::publisher

nosetest, http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/ -- nose
provides an alternate test discovery and running process for unittest,
one that is intended to mimic the behavior of py.test as much as is
reasonably possible without resorting to too much magic.

> Anyone else planing on coming?
of course<g>

> Eli Criffield

Jeff Hinrichs