[omaha] This is the message I tried to send/post this morning

Burch Kealey bkealey at mail.unomaha.edu
Sat Dec 1 18:27:18 CET 2007

   sublist = []
   for rec in thedata:
      sublist.append(rec[1])

   Actually-this does not work-I am getting an index out of range error.
   When I change the subscript to 0 as in sublist.append(rec[0]) it
   works,  I get the first item from  each  item in  the list. when the
   subscript is anything but 0 I get an error message.

   Burch T. Kealey, PhD.
   RH-CBA 408-N
   University of Nebraska at Omaha
   6000 Dodge Street
   Omaha Nebraska  68104
   402-554-3571
   This message (including any attachments) contains confidential informa
   tion
   intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by la
   w.  If
   you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.  A
   ny
   disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of
    any