[omaha] IEEE CISE May/June Issue is a single subject issue on Python

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Fri Apr 27 15:41:35 CEST 2007

On 4/27/07, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2007, at 9:29 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
> > Now this is cool -- I know people who are using python for astronomy,
> > bio-informatics and more. Articles like this go along way in
> > introducing Python to a broader audience.
>
> Are there any Biopythonistas in Omaha?
>
> http://biopython.org
>
> AFAIK I'm the alpha BioPerl geek in Omaha.  :)

> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/User:Jhannah

I haven't heard from any yet on the list.  However, I met one of the
members of ChiPy at PyCon this year who uses python @ a research
hospital (don't recall which one) but it's a paying gig and there is a
strong chance he is coming to Omaha.  He was very involved in getting
the ChiPy PyCon 2008 proposal together and accepted.

Jay, Are there any other BioPerl types in Omaha besides you?

--
Jeff Hinrichs