[Numpy-discussion] 2020 NumPy survey results

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 10:11:21 EDT 2021

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 11:41 PM Inessa Pawson <albuscode at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone!
> In 2020, the NumPy survey team in partnership with students and faculty
> from a Master’s course in Survey Methodology jointly hosted by the
> University of Michigan and the University of Maryland conducted the first
> official NumPy community survey. Over 1,200 users from 75 countries
> participated to help us map out a landscape of the NumPy community and
> voiced their thoughts about the future of the project.
>
> We are finally ready to share with you the findings of this survey. You
> can read the full report here: https://numpy.org/user-survey-2020.

Thank you Inessa and everyone who participated! The end result looks
amazing and is super valuable. It took a little while to complete, but such
is the nature of open source work - it's usually more complicated than
expected, and real life commitments come first. The quality of the final
pdf report, the infographic, and the detailed per-question analysis far
exceeded my expectations.

Cheers,
Ralf