[Numpy-discussion] reducing effort spent on wheel builds?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:02:17 EDT 2021

I spent so much time updating the wheels builds to 64 bit BLAS mostly
because

   - I needed to actually understand how multibuild worked (and docs are
   minimal).
   - I don't know powershell (and docs are hard to find).
   - I don't know azure works at a lower level (and docs are hard to find).

And I thought it would all be drop in easy :) What that indicates to me is
that we could use a build expert and simpler infrastructure. Anaconda no
doubt has people far more knowledgeable about such matters than I am.

As to the twitter thread, what is the proposal(s)? I'm perfectly happy to
leave support for more exotic platforms to people who have the hardware and
make use of it, but no doubt such people have the opposite problem of not
knowing much about NumPy.

Chuck