[Numpy-discussion] Drop LGTM testing.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 17:15:40 EDT 2021

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 2:35 PM Eric Wieser <wieser.eric+numpy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This might be worth creating a github issue for simply so we can tag
> someone working at LGTM; they've been helpful in the past, and it's
> possible we just need to fiddle with some configuration to make it work.
>
> It's also worth noting that LGTM runs against C code too; so even if we
> disable it for python, it might be worth keeping around for C.

It's the C code that causes problems, LGTM builds the code with `python3
setup.py` and setup.py has a check for the Python version. There is no
method to disable the C checks from the Github app and no method to specify
Python version beyond 2 or 3.

I'd be happy to tag someone at LGTM, but I don't know who that would be.

Chuck