[Numpy-discussion] Attempting to wrap a Fortran-77 subroutine using f2py but I haven't been able to understand what is causing the error

Melissa Mendonça melissawm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:16:02 EDT 2020

Hello, Sam, sorry for taking so long to answer!

The problem seems to be that you are using

cf2py depend(in) Y, YP

instead of

cf2py depend(n) Y, YP <- (note that there was a spurious i in that depend
expression)

and that the callback FCN needs the dimension n as an argument. I was able
to compile your code correctly after making these changes.

If you have any further questions let me know, I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Melissa