[Numpy-discussion] Python 3.9 is out.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:43:37 EDT 2020

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 7:58 PM Tom Augspurger <tom.w.augspurger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I believe that the latest version of NumPy (1.19.2) is source-compatible
> with Python 3.9. Does NumPy plan to upload wheels to PyPI for Python 3.9,
> or will you wait for the next release?
>
> Pandas is planning to upload wheels for 3.9 with our latest released
> version (1.1.3) but are planning to build against a version of NumPy with a
> wheel that's uploaded to PyPI.

I'll put out a 19.3 release with Python 3.9 wheels as soon as we are able
to build the wheels on azure. We may need to do the Python install
ourselves. I'd also like to fix the Windows 2004 problem, but that may have
to wait for 1.19.4 if Microsoft doesn't fix it first. I'm also thinking of
only providing manylinux2014 wheels for 3.9 as it comes with a recent pip
version.

Chuck