[Numpy-discussion] (no subject)

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:29:41 EDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 7:14 AM Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:

> hey!
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 7:52 PM Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Downstream developers should use Cython >= 0.29.16 for Python 3.8
> support and OpenBLAS >= 3.7 to avoid wrong results on the Skylake
> architecture. The NumPy Wheels for this release can be downloaded from
> PyPI, source archives and release notes are available from Github.
>
> just so that i can re-configure (if necessary) our automation in
> Debian, is this going to be the future setting for releasing numpy?
> wheels via PyPI and source via github? I stumbled upon this since
> there's no source release available on PyPI for 1.19.0rc2

That looks like a mistake. An sdist must be uploaded to PyPI, after the
wheels are uploaded. That just seems to have been forgotten for rc2.

Also, I had expected the sdist to be the .tar.gz format, I can't find it
back but IIRC that's what we decided in the past. It's smaller, and it's
what pretty much all other projects do.

Cheers,
Ralf