[Numpy-discussion] Journey with NumPy in Docs Development

Saber Tooth sabertooth2022 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 02:46:53 EDT 2020

Hello @Melissa Mendonça <melissawm at gmail.com> @Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at gmail.com> @Matti Picus <matti.picus at gmail.com>  ,

My journey working with NumPy Docs team has been nothing short of
Progressive , the insights that i have gained attending the Docs meeting
has helped me refine my proposal . Attending the past 3 meetings have
helped me remove some of redundant features in my proposal , letting me
structure the Explanations , How-To's ,Tutorials in a better way keeping in
mind the requirements as highlighted by NEP-44 and the mentors .

I have really tried to work upon NumPy community bonding , i have been a
part of some really good discussions , contributed to some ideas , raised
some queries ☺ which so far i can say has been really progressive for me to
start contributing , as today i understand what NumPy Docs is trying  to
deliver .

I have really been enticed by the workflow of the community which
encourages me to think and contribute to as much as I can. I have been
mining the NumPy Discussion mailing list since last meeting using the
archive as mentioned in Hackmd doc by @Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
, collecting topics for which we can frame Tutorials , How To's and
Explanations . Discussion around Explanations has been really fruitful
with @Melissa
Mendonça <melissawm at gmail.com>  and the community . Moreover I am working
on a how-to nowadays for which I will soon open a PR . Contributing to
NumPy in such a manner I believe will help me get started with Official
Documentation Period in  a more Efficient manner , as i had already worked
upon Community Bonding which will continue to strengthen in upcoming days .

Thank You  for  your encouragement and having me , I am looking into
delivering much more and contributing to my GSoD Proposal  and beyond that
too .

Thanks ,
Mrinal Tyagi