[Numpy-discussion] Numpy support for Microblaze

Frederic Bastien fbastien at nvidia.com
Fri Jan 10 08:32:54 EST 2020

I like your breakdown. But the fact that it is a softcore is not related. We do not need to compile it to an HDL.
We need it to be compiled to the binary format that the Microblaze support.

Now, after one full version is working as a software, it is possible to optimize part of NumPy by having those part synthesized to hardware.
But from my understanding, it wasn't the question. This would be a bigger effort and I suppose there is no guide from NumPy on how to do this.

Frederic