[Numpy-discussion] Help needed GDB

Amardeep Singh amardeepjk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:54:41 EST 2020

Hi Apologies

Once last issue is pending.Any pointers are helpful.

I am following the below docs.

Next you need to write a Python script that invokes the C code whose
execution you want to debug. For instance mytest.py:

import numpy as npx = np.arange(5)np.empty_like(x)

Now, you can run:

$ gdb --args python runtests.py -g --python mytest.py

And then in the debugger:

(gdb) break array_empty_like(gdb) run.  --> once i type run and enter
nothing happens it just gets struck up there.

Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y

Breakpoint 1 (array_empty_like) pending.

(gdb) run

Starting program: /usr/bin/python mytest.py

[New Thread 0x1e03 of process 16513]

[New Thread 0x2303 of process 16513]

thx