[Numpy-discussion] [JOB] Full-time opportunity – Software engineer for open source project

Umberto Lupo u.lupo at l2f.ch
Mon Jun 24 04:35:36 EDT 2019

Who we are
L2F is a start-up based on the EPFL Innovation Park (Lausanne, Switzerland).  We are currently working at the frontier of machine learning and topological data analysis, in collaboration with several academic partners.

Our Mission
We are developing an open source Python library implementing innovative topological data analysis algorithms which are being designed by our team of full-time research scientists and post-doctoral researchers.  The library shall be user-friendly, well documented, high-performance and well integrated with state-of-the-art machine learning libraries (such as NumPy/SciPy, scikit-learn and Keras or other popular deep learning frameworks).  We are offering a full-time job in our company to help us develop this library.  The candidate will work in the L2F research team.

Profile description
We are looking for a computer scientist matching these characteristics:

  *   2+ years of experience in software engineering.
  *   Skilled with Python and C++ (in particular, at ease wrapping C++ code for Python).
  *   Aware of how open source communities work.  Better if he/she contributed in open-source collaborations, such as scikit-learn.
  *   At ease writing specifications, developer documentation and good user documentation.
  *   Fluent with continuous integration, Git and common developer tools.
  *   Skilled in testing architectures (unit tests, integration tests, etc.).

How to apply
Applicants can write an e-mail to Dr. Matteo Caorsi (m.caorsi at l2f.ch<mailto:m.caorsi at l2f.ch>) attaching their CV and a short letter detailing their relevant experience and motivation.

Starting date
This position is available for immediate start for the right candidate.