[Numpy-discussion] Stricter numpydoc validation

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:02:28 EDT 2019

I’d find this sort of (stricter) numpydoc validation tool very useful,
especially if the different codes can be selectively enforced while
bringing a large code base into compliance (as pandas seems to have used
this).

A stand alone tool would be fine, a flake8 plug-in perhaps even better -
see also my
https://github.com/peterjc/flake8-rst-docstrings for doing basic RST
validation of docstrings (but not their contents as we are discussing
here). The nice thing with writing a flake8 plugin is that handles
include/excluding of codes and file names for you.

Regards,

Peter