[Numpy-discussion] Top level release index page

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 18:18:30 EDT 2019

In PR 13886 I reworked the way the link to the release notes is
generated. The current page is

http://www.numpy.org/devdocs/release.html

and  the new page is

https://8001-908607-gh.circle-artifacts.com/0/home/circleci/repo/doc/build/html/release.html

I don't like the "wall of text" in the current page. On the other hand,
it is nice to use CTRL-F to search the page itself for answers to
questions like "what release deprecated indexing by float", which is why
I left the level-of-detail at 3 (1 - release, 2 - sections, 3 - item
header).

Should the level-of-detail be reduced to only single links to the
release document?

An alternative would be to render the contents as a collapsible list,
which would require some javascript.

Matti