[Numpy-discussion] Numpy-discussion

Kirit Thadaka kirit.thadaka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:00:50 EST 2019

You are seeing negative numbers because of an overflow beyond 32 bits. Change the type of your np array to int64 using a = (np.arange(2000) ** 3).astype(np.int64) and you won’t see negative numbers. I assume you are running this code on a 32 bit machine which is why Numpy is defaulting to int32. On a 64 bit machine it defaults to int64.

Hope this helps.