[Numpy-discussion] Debugging NumPy development build in conda environment

Lars Grueter lagru at mailbox.org
Sun Jan 13 08:33:35 EST 2019

On 04/01/2019 14:55, Matti Picus wrote:
> On 4/1/19 3:34 pm, Lars Grueter wrote:
>> Unfortunately the last two commands
>> stopped working out of the blue with my existing environment and fail
>> with
>>
>>> RuntimeError: Broken toolchain: cannot link a simple C program
>

> The compiler error is a few lines above this (copied below). When I have
> gotten that kind of output, it is because I am using a 32 bit compiler
> on 64 bit or the opposite.
>
> [...]
>
> Can you compile anything with that gcc?

This problem even persists on a new system.

I noticed that conda includes libgcc-ng [1] in every environment with
Python. Is it possible that this library (or another one) is
incompatible with the GCC version installed on my system? That would
also explain why changing the available LA libraries has not effect and
why the setup works fine using plain virtual environments created with venv.

Is someone else successfully maintaining a development setup with conda
on an up-to-date Arch-based system or even Manjaro?

Best regards,
Lars

[1] http://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/packages/py3.7_linux-64/